domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008

Tomorrow's the day!





We're so excited. Tomorrow's the jungle's day!

Normally on the first week of the programme, the volunteers spend a few days in Camp Leakey (the real paradise on the earth is here, into the Borneo's jungle... a place surrounded by the jungle. No cars, no motorbikes, no noises... only the sound of the jungle, the sound of the heaven. I've been there last year, and i'm so excited and frustrated at the same time (because I was expecting to go there tomorrow... not in 2 or 3 weeks...) But "no problem, my friend!".

Today we went to Yayorin. Yayorin is an indonesian NGO who try to teach the local comunities in sustainable ways of farming, and teaching them how to live in harmony with the environment, trying to avoid de constantly destruction of the jungle. Yayorin's people is a very friendly and smily people. It's nice to hear them talking. I was in Yayorin last year, and now I can ensure that they has grow a lot in just one year. It's good to see that a lot of small efforts can make a dream come true.

Tomorrow morning, after breakfast, we'll take a klotoc (typical indonesian riverboat) and we'll go to our next weeks home... in the middle of the paradise... under the heatest sun and the heaviest rain... that's the place I want to go, that's the place I would like to share with you... it's something magic. I have no words to explain how powerfull the jungle is inside me. Will wou want to come with me next year?

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Jordi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No se lo que siento ver tus fotos!!!!
Mucha emocion!
Porque no vas a Camp Leakey?
Y tu grupo como es?
Un besito para ti, Caroline, Catherine y David (estan todos ai?)
Las fotos son muy pequenitas, puedes correr las mas grandes.
Rita